Friday, August 21, 2009

Looking forward to halloween



Halloween, or Samhain, is one of my favorite holidays, though it's not that widespread or common here in Denmark where I live.
You are not able to buy as many halloween related ornaments, decoration etc here as you are in the US.
So I make alot of it myself.

These candle fronts I made many years ago, they are made of fairly thin black paper, so at the moment I'm trying to figure out how I could make stronger versions.
Should I just use thick black cardboard, should I try to laminate them or maybe cover them with sticky-back plastic? And would the plastic melt easily? Any ideas? Anybody?

Well I will probably experiment a bit, until I find a suitable solution.

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I'm already looking forward to Halloween too and I also plan to make a lot of my decorations by hand. I'm in the US so I could buy them, but I'd rather make them myself, drag out the fun as long as possible. I think laminating them would probably be the easiest way to keep them from getting destroyed.

    ReplyDelete